News: Academy Program Open During Construction...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Week Absence...  (Read 315 times)

Offline Opie Macleod

• JAO Administrator
  • Veteran
  • K.S. Trout
    • Jedi Living
A Week Absence...
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:40:32 AM »
I'll be heading to Star Wars Celebration this weekend. And will be in Florida until the 17th. This will obviously cause a disruption in activity. As I like to remind - You are your own Jedi Master. So not an excuse to be a lazy Jedi. Not that I need an excuse, but still.  :P

Continue being the awesome Jedi you are. I will try to check-in when I can. If anything important comes up - feel free to contact me personally. For all other things I am sure the capable members and administration staff here can handle it.

And if anyone of you will be at Celebration, feel free to drop me a note and we can see about meeting up. :bow:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."
- Mordin Solus

"There's something you better understand about me 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."
- Eleventh Doctor.

Offline Opie Macleod

• JAO Administrator
  • Veteran
  • K.S. Trout
    • Jedi Living
Re: A Week Absence...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
Just noting that I am back in town. ANd I will be doing my best to get caught up with the Student Journals.
- Mordin Solus

"There's something you better understand about me 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."
- Eleventh Doctor.

Offline Amyntas

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:32:46 AM »
Welcome back , from the Fb photo's i can tell you had a great time  :bluesaber:

Offline Opie Macleod

• JAO Administrator
  • Veteran
  • K.S. Trout
    • Jedi Living
A Week Absence (Again)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:22:24 PM »
So I am outta here for a week. I'll be in Mexico. I don't have an international plan. So not a whole lot of internetz for me. Behave yourselves. Be nice to our guests. And helpful to each other. Be Jedi. And if I don't see you again - May the Force Be With You.
 :bow:
- Mordin Solus

- Eleventh Doctor.

Offline Tzall

• Jedi of the First Level
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 09:27:36 PM »
Adios! Que tengas buen viaje!  :salute:
The beginning of wisdom is this: seek wisdom. With everything that you have, seek understanding and insight.

Offline JT

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 04:37:41 AM »
Have fun. Be safe!
"We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Sirius Unduli

• Jedi of the Third Level
  • Veteran
  • Cavalry doesn't always come to the rescue.
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 05:19:49 AM »
"I'm going to Mexico for a week"

We are never gonna see Opie again haha

Non Timebo Mala
"Shooting at Jedi is a losing proposition." ?Mace Windu
"Jedi Circle, there you go. Now go live. Congrats you are a Jedi."- Opie Macleod

Offline Amyntas

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 02:22:31 PM »
"And if I don't see you again - May the Force Be With You."

Hmmm do we have plan B when Opie dissapears or do we just keep reading the books on the booklist  =D =D

Offline Sirius Unduli

• Veteran
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »
Believe it or not, there is a Plan B Haha. :yoda:
We may not know exactly what it is, but I know it exists.

Non Timebo Mala
"Jedi Circle, there you go. Now go live. Congrats you are a Jedi."- Opie Macleod

Offline Tzall

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 01:06:25 AM »
Only Opie knows plan B and he's not talking. =D
The beginning of wisdom is this: seek wisdom. With everything that you have, seek understanding and insight.

Offline Amyntas

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 01:35:27 AM »
i'll just keep reading then , still a few books to go and 2 Tier One lesson to finish while you Veterans figure out plan B  :bliss:  loll

Offline Tzall

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 02:26:45 PM »
Don't look at me, I was just joking. Hopefully Opie won't decide to stay on the beach in Mexico (I wouldn't blame him if he does) but if he doesn't come back, hopefully someone knows of this elusive plan B and maybe a plan C too.

Online Sammy

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 04:26:37 PM »
Plan B or not, we still have to remember that each of us represents our path and the name of Jedi. We're here for each other, and we know how we must grow to conduct ourselves. :bow:

And, you know, perhaps play a prank or two for when he gets back, just so he knows we didn't forget about him. =D

formerly known as Silver Surfer

Offline Sirius Unduli

• Veteran
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »
Jedi Sammy hits the nail on the head, I joke around but the point of being a Jedi is not the title or the website "temple". It's about living as a Jedi in your daily life. The website is just the means to an end, a place that supplements your life, not replaces it.
Jedi History lessons have taught us that websites come and go, and the only consistent that we have is us.

Non Timebo Mala

Offline JediJian

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 03:49:05 AM »
I really like how Jedi conversations always become so deep because of a little holiday :D

Have a good journey and we hope to have you back soon and you don't get lost in Mexico.

Hasta luego
"Not if anything to say about it I have"
– Yoda

"Who’s your Jedi master? WHO'S your Jedi Master?"
– Yoda

Offline Amyntas

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 03:56:06 AM »
I really like how Jedi conversations always become so deep because of a little holiday :D

Have a good journey and we hope to have you back soon and you don't get lost in Mexico.

Hasta luego

loll indeed  :bluesaber: always the depth , he will be back before we know it  :hello:

Offline JediJian

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 06:30:30 AM »
Patient Jedi we are :D
"Not if anything to say about it I have"
– Yoda

"Who’s your Jedi master? WHO'S your Jedi Master?"
– Yoda

Offline harasti

• Explorer
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 07:36:47 AM »
Hope you have fun, Don't drink the water...lol. But seriously, have a blast as I know you will. We Jedi should be ok to hold down the fort here. :grin:

Offline Opie Macleod

• JAO Administrator
  • Veteran
  • K.S. Trout
    • Jedi Living
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 07:41:53 AM »
Back. And for the record, I am plan A, plan B, and all the way through plan F. Somewhere in there it starts to get murky on administration back-up.

In all honesty. I do not expect Jedi Living to survive beyond me. That of course doesn't mean you all won't continue to be great Jedi and have an impact. And perhaps remember that place that changed things every six to twelve months. But this place wasn't created to be some long standing Jedi site. It was created so people could have a steady place to train and study this crazy idea of living as a Jedi in our everyday lives.

No worries. I am not the only one with administrator access. And I do have instructions should I return to the Force. I think I thought about that around Plan W.  ;) :P
- Mordin Solus

- Eleventh Doctor.

Offline Amyntas

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 08:17:46 AM »
Back. And for the record, I am plan A, plan B, and all the way through plan F. Somewhere in there it starts to get murky on administration back-up.

In all honesty. I do not expect Jedi Living to survive beyond me. That of course doesn't mean you all won't continue to be great Jedi and have an impact. And perhaps remember that place that changed things every six to twelve months. But this place wasn't created to be some long standing Jedi site. It was created so people could have a steady place to train and study this crazy idea of living as a Jedi in our everyday lives.

No worries. I am not the only one with administrator access. And I do have instructions should I return to the Force. I think I thought about that around Plan W.  ;) :P

Welcome back Jedi Macleod , i am sure you had a smashing time , good to see you made it back to your grateful students :P

Offline Tzall

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 11:08:42 AM »
Opie's plan w, if he returns to the force, is to just enjoy the peace and quiet. But we all know he'll get bored of that pretty quickly and then return to haunt the internet. His spirit will create a website called Jedi Dead. You'll be able to start working on Tear One straight away, learning about principles through the Jedi Web that will have 6 rows of 6. Someone will borrow that idea and make the Jedi Compost. Muah ha ha ha.

Offline Reliah

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
    • Instagram
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 12:10:57 PM »
Welcome back!

Offline Opie Macleod

• JAO Administrator
  • Veteran
  • K.S. Trout
    • Jedi Living
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »
Opie's plan w, if he returns to the force, is to just enjoy the peace and quiet. But we all know he'll get bored of that pretty quickly and then return to haunt the internet. His spirit will create a website called Jedi Dead. You'll be able to start working on Tear One straight away, learning about principles through the Jedi Web that will have 6 rows of 6. Someone will borrow that idea and make the Jedi Compost. Muah ha ha ha.
:lol: Almost happened right now. I almost died of laughter. :lol: Thank you Jedi Tzall.

Welcome back!
Thank you Jedi Reliah. Though I'll be yelling at you in your student journal.  :P :P
- Mordin Solus

- Eleventh Doctor.

Offline Reliah

• Jedi Student
  • Explorer
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2017, 06:55:45 AM »
Welcome back!
Thank you Jedi Reliah. Though I'll be yelling at you in your student journal.  :P :P

This is both terrifying and amusing as I can't imagine you yelling about much of anything..   :thinking:

Edit: clearly I need to learn the quote feature a little better
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:57:45 AM by Reliah »

Offline Opie Macleod

• JAO Administrator
  • Veteran
  • K.S. Trout
    • Jedi Living
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »
Honestly that is very true. I get excited. I lose awareness of my volume at times. Sometimes I get into that rising of voice escalation in a heated debate/discussion. Though I tend to catch myself and bring myself back down.

But actually yelling? It is an extreme rarity and until recently I had almost a decade of not yelling. It is definitely not a good thing when I yell. :lol: So fair point Jedi Reliah. Fair point.

And now everyone knows a little something more about me. If I actually yell at you - something is seriously messed up.
- Mordin Solus

- Eleventh Doctor.