Pleased to meet you.

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
tzb

Pleased to meet you.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm tzb, some of you may recognise the name as I was once a Knight over at TotJO. I now no longer have anything to do with that organisation.

Given the above, I'm somewhat unclear about my future as a Jedi, or whether that designation has meaning for me personally, but I am still interested in the goals and ideals of Jedi living and as such thought I'd sign up - I hope that's OK.

I'm 34, based in the UK (somewhere near the middle), I have a lovely family and an unlovely past. I work as a software tester and I like going on adventures. I have a growing interest in my ancestral beliefs, specifically nordic heathenry.

For me the Force is the base reality of all that there is, rather than some additional "distinct substance". It is all substance, non-substance, all thought and matter and void. And for me, finding and living in harmony with that fundamental unity is the key purpose of the Jedi way.

I've trained Apprentices of my own, been called a Knight and Jedi Priest, but as time goes on those things seem less authentic and less important. I want to know, I want to share, I want to do better.

So. Here we are.
Last edited by tzb on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I demolish my bridges behind me...then there is no choice but to move forward." Fridtjof Nansen

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Re: Pleased to meet you.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:25 pm

You are very welcome, have a look around and see if there is anything you can benefit from. The faq is a good way to start. And i highly recommend the Tier programs as they are very fitted to the real life Jedi live. May the Force be wth you Stu.

Brandel Valico
Cave of the Whills
Cave of the Whills

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Welcome
“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm

Welcome Jedi tzb. The forum is open to you. Feel free to jump in where you like. I hope you enjoy your time here.
I hope that's OK.
I see no reason why it wouldn't be. :bow:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Cabur Senaar
Explorer
Explorer

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Stu!!!

I mean, welcome to JL, Jedi tzb.

Reliah
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Welcome to JL :greensaber:

Sirius Unduli
Jedi of the Third Level
Jedi of the Third Level

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:07 am

Welcome to our slice of the interwebs. May it be as fruitful to you as it is to us. :woot:
Non Timebo Mala
For those I love, I will sacrifice
Cavalry doesn't always come to the rescue

tzb

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:42 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)
"I demolish my bridges behind me...then there is no choice but to move forward." Fridtjof Nansen

JT
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 am

tzb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 pm
I'm tzb, some of you may recognise the name as I was once a Knight over at TotJO. I now no longer have anything to do with that organisation.

Given the above, I'm somewhat unclear about my future as a Jedi, or whether that designation has meaning for me personally, but I am still interested in the goals and ideals of Jedi living and as such thought I'd sign up - I hope that's OK.

I'm 34, based in the UK (somewhere near the middle), I have a lovely family and an unlovely past. I work as a software tester and I like going on adventures. I have a growing interest in my ancestral beliefs, specifically nordic heathenry.

For me the Force is the base reality of all that there is, rather than some additional "distinct substance". It is all substance, non-substance, all thought and matter and void. And for me, finding and living in harmony with that fundamental unity is the key purpose of the Jedi way.

So. Here we are.
I can't decide what to make of TotJO. They seem a very clicky bunch. Its like walking in to a large room and feeling like you are either not welcome or not wanted because you bring something slightly different.

Recently I re-discovered my own Slavic pagan roots as well. Its weird. I work in a place where the traditional owners of the land and turning more towards their traditional ways and beliefs. I've found myself questioning the mainstream paradigm of religious belief and my own conditioned prejudices against anything "Pagan".

As children we were taught to fear one God and worship one man. I've realized that I am intrinsically "Pagan". Our ancestors were pantheistic and revered the divine energy and its manifestations as "Gods" which are present in nature. Humans have been "Pagan" in some form for perhaps hundreds of thousands of years. For me at least it feels like coming home.

Your definition of the Force nails it for me.

I hope your studies are going well.
JT