Begin Jedi Training!!!

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Begin Jedi Training!!!

Post by Opie Macleod » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Did all the exclamation marks get your attention? Well, either way, Hello there young Jedi. Looking for Jedi Training? Have no fear, we have you covered. The process to get started here is very simple. Though I do have some recommendations for you as well which will serve you well during your time here.

To Begin Training:
:bluesaber: Go to the Jedi Academy Online Tier One forum. Click Here or Go Here: http://jediliving.com/talk/viewforum.php?f=3 Does this look like material worth your time? That is the question. Look I can tell you my qualifications, but the real question is whether our lessons vibe with you and you feel are worth investing your time and energy into. If not - plenty of other Jedi Groups to check out. If so, onto step two.

:bluesaber: Go to the Jedi Journal forum. Click Here or Go Here: http://jediliving.com/talk/viewforum.php?f=2 Create a New Topic. Call it something original and innovative like - Opie's Jedi Journal. Or you might want to use your own name. Once that is made, feel free to fill it with lessons, assignments, and ramblings.

Next point.... Nope. That is really all there is to it. Onto tips and other useful information. Like I said, you have to determine if this place is for you. What helps that? Check out our F.A.Q. There is a nice Welcome Thread you can read. I mean nice being a relative term and all. And all topics are open for your exploration and your input is more than welcome.

So once again, welcome to Jedi Living and we hope to share the journey to Jedi Knight with you. :bow:
Last edited by Opie Macleod on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Looking for a Jedi Master

Post by Opie Macleod » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:25 pm

[align=center]Looking for a Jedi Master[/align]
So this comes up from time to time. I guess it might make sense for me to just put this here for as long as it is relevant.
:myyoda:
So the question of "Looking for a Jedi Master is one we get often. So I am going to give my usual answer to this. Teachings can be found in a plethora of ways. Let us count the ways and then we’ll get into Mentorship and finding a Jedi Master.

Solo Training Options:
  • If you are looking for private self-guided study you can dig into the websites of old. Either Here (at the forums here) or Here (at the Jedi Living archives). This gives you a learn at your own pace with a cornucopia of different lessons, views, and lectures. It can be a bit of an information overload so take your time - Jedi patience. No need to rush all the information isn’t going anywhere. And the forums as hints and suggested starting points.
  • More the visual type? You can check out some youtube videos which will offer a starting point. We will have actually lessons starting next month. So it might be worth subscribing. Anyhow as you know, one video tends to lead to others and you can explore what information is available that. You can start that journey Here.
  • Books. Jedi Circle, Exploring the Jedi Lifestyle, The Jedi Religion, Jedi Foundation Tier One Program, Jedi Compass. You can get most books on kindle or paperback. Three of those books (Circle, Lifestyle, Tier One) are specifically Jedi training focused. You can begin that search Here.
Academy Training Options:
  • Personally I recommend getting involved with a Jedi Group. Sharing the journey with other Jedi just has more benefits. The Jedi Community can get difficult to navigate and it can be disheartening at times. Internet and Human Nature being what it is. But overall learning the Jedi Way with other people allows for a flow of ideas, good discussion of experience, and a support structure. Plus Jedi friends! Any google search will bring up plenty of websites to explore. But 1.) I caution against Facebook Training. Any group that “trains Jediâ€� on Facebook is not worth your time. 2.) I’ll offer up three different Jedi sites that approach the training a bit differently so you can chose which one best suits you.
  • Jedi Living - Obviously (we are here afterall). Website, Forums, Academy. Very quiet academic atmosphere.
  • Temple of the Jedi Order - Website, Forums, Academy, and Apprenticeship. Big, Active, plenty of various discussions going on along with training.
  • Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Website, multiple forums, Academy, apprenticeship. Not as active socially, more than Jedi Living. Active Academically moreso.
Mentorship - Finding a Jedi Master:
Patience. Give it time. Most places worth their salt in Jedi Training will require you to finished a beginning training program first. This is a way to show your approach, views, and style - which helps the group find a Mentor that fits you. It also helps keep Jedi Mentors from wasting time with non-dedicated students who will be gone in a week or two when they realize how much it takes to actually be a Jedi. A lot of studying, reading, writing, plus all the exercises (meditation, physical fitness, etc.). So you will have to exercise some Jedi patience. However, just about any Jedi Group with a training system will have some sort of mentorship program available for you eventually. It is not something you want to rush into anyhow. Vet your Jedi Master. The wrong Jedi Mentor can destroy your goal of becoming a Jedi Knight quicker than any challenge life can throw at you. So be picky and be mindful when accepting Apprenticeship. If you want my ramblings on the subject you can check out Five Tips Before Finding a Jedi Master and Beware the False Master.

Force Guide You Well in Your Search......
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage