Hello.

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
Arléht
JL Member
JL Member

Hello.

Post by Arléht » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:50 am

I found this sight after clicking around jedi academy online. I used to be a part of it back when it was a guild on gaiaonline. I didn't join it after it moved though. It looks like no one's posted on there for a while, and the info here essentially looks the same.

Wanting to learn more. And looking forward to.

I find that I normally don't fit the norm. If I had a lightsaber it most likely would be white. Though I do know we don't have real lightsabers. I was just making a point. Can one see it?

Any ways, looking forward to learn.

Also, if any one wants to know me more, just ask. I love meeting new people.

ElwinGrey
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Re: Hello.

Post by ElwinGrey » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello, Arléht, I'm Elwin Grey.

Welcome. I'm relatively new here myself, but much like you I've been called to the path before. GaiaOnline was a long time ago for me, about a decade now that I think about it, and I never knew there was a Jedi Academy there. I wonder how serious it was, or if it was just roleplaying? You would know better than I.

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Welcome Arléht. I am AshesofDreams from GaiaOnline. As when Jedi Academy Online was on there I didn't use my OpieMacleod account much. Did you ever get over to the Jedi Order guild on there? I mean it is long dead as well, but just curious if you explored that one as well.
Also Jedi Elwin, it was created by me - so pretty serious.  ;)

Arléht - white is a good color. Enjoy your time here and feel free to jump into anything that catches your eye.  :bow:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Arléht
JL Member
JL Member

Post by Arléht » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:45 am

I don't remember the Jedi Oder guild. Like Elwin, it's been a long time for me too. Gaia was so long ago. I went by Essau on gaia. I don't remember the exact spelling.

I had did some research into lightsaber colors/colours in the past. I wanted to find one that best matched me for me. I found the white one to be the closest, based on what one who bears it believes. Though if I had only the three main colors/colours to choose from it would be green.

I didn't know until now that this training had a tiered system. I saw only tier 1 in book form, what about the rest? Or should I wait untill I get there to find out?

A new part to my journey has started. After a bout of depression, or one could say almost lost in the darkness. Saduced by the dark side I was. But the light as drown me back. I'm doing a lot better now. 

ElwinGrey
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by ElwinGrey » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:11 am

I think we all struggle with that part of ourselves, Arléht. I know I certainly have, and I have more than my fair share of scars from the experience. I hope that the self betterment taught here will help you on your journey to healing.

As for lightsaber colors, if we're going by KoToR/SWtoR mythology, I'm green for sure. I'm not exactly Jedi Knight material.

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:26 pm

[quote="Arléht"]I saw only tier 1 in book form, what about the rest? Or should I wait until I get there to find out?[/quote]
I'd wait. It is of little concern now. One step at a time and all that. I mean, we get into subjects like the history of the online Jedi Community later on. We look more activities and philosophies of the Jedi. But really it is all a journey and focusing on what is in front of you is often the best approach.
:bow:

Again, glad to have you here.
ImageImageImageImage

Arléht
JL Member
JL Member

Post by Arléht » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:57 am

Oh boy, I haven't been on for a long time.

I've been going through a real hard time. The Darkness has been making a nest out of me. Its been real hard. Somebody that I thought was my friend really hurt me. As well as other things.

After finally finishing the rest of season 2 and starting season 3 of Star Wars Rebels. I saw an episode where Kanan Jarrus learn how to see again after being blinded.

I've been pushing almost everyone way, but trying to hold on. Even though I can see, I was blind. Even though I can hear, I could not. I even have been pushing/ignoring my Force. I've felt like I've been losing it.

Any ways...it's been rough.

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear that. It is no fun when those type of lessons and trials come into our lives. All we can do is seek to face it as best we can and grow from the experience.

Welcome back to Jedi Living. Not sure how much I have changed since you have been gone. However everything should be pretty easy to find. Find feel free to jump into the material if you feel ready and able to do that. Be well.
:bow:
ImageImageImageImage