The small introduction of Codex

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
Codex

The small introduction of Codex

Post by Codex » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Hello,

With this thread I would like to introduce myself. My username here is  @'Qul', @'Codex' and I am a Jedi apprentice elsewhere.. If you would like to know me, please do understand that I am quite shy, feel free to send me a PM if you can get me in the mood. :)

The reason of my registration here is my Jedi study to become a knight. I seek for ways to chat with different communities to learn more about other Jedi their opinions.

- Qul
Last edited by Codex on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Sammy
Jedi of the Third Level
Jedi of the Third Level

Re: The small introduction of Qul...

Post by Sammy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Welcome to Jedi Living Qui, good to have you here with us. :)
[align=center]formerly known as Silver Surfer[/align]

Codex

Re: The small introduction of Qul...

Post by Codex » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:03 am

Thank you Sammy! I look forward to be here and to have a good look around! Small mention, I have changed my username into what I normally use, and added a small part of my signature; as it makes communication a little bit easier I guess.  : 3
Last edited by Codex on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Re: The small introduction of Codex

Post by Opie Macleod » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Just throwing in my welcome as well. Hope you enjoy your time here. :bow:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Codex

Post by Codex » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Thank you Opie! ; )

If I may be so free to ask, are there certain things I should be aware of when working through your training material? Can I change some of your lessons into essays as I find some lessons difficult to complete? I highly realize that if I would be allowed to change some of your tier lesson thingies into essays, it would be possibly unacknowledged upon completing it?
Last edited by Codex on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:53 pm

You are always free to ask. We have an open policy on questions. :happy:

However I am not sure what you mean by, changing lessons into essays. Can you provide an example? Show me the difference? Then I can make an informed decision.

Thanks. :bow:
ImageImageImageImage

Codex

Post by Codex » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:59 pm

Note that I am not a very vast one, but I am willingly to do work hard, in a slow way though.. I am used to write essays of 500 - 750+ words, usually I cover every part of the lesson in it. Sometimes I find myself on a different point of view than the question is creating, and I really do not want to well.. write nothing because I have a different point of view; so often I like to work around the question to reflect on myself rather than on purely the question alone. When an assignment is small I tend to extend it a little bit..

By doing the material I hope to earn a chat about it for my Seminary study one day, secondly it would be lovely to learn the ways of this community simultaneously, though I do not want to force you to do anything if you do not want it!!

(the chat part because I am required to have chats with multiple Jedi from different communities for my Seminary study :meditate: ) I really would feel terrible if I just walked in here, without knowing the material, and just asking without background knowledge of this community. It is not my way to do things fast and quick..  :bow: I also would like to copy each lesson into my own Apprentice journal besides posting it here in a Jedi Journal, so I have an easier overview of everything that I do, if that would be possible, and if I am allowed to study here of course.. : )

________________________________________________________________________________

Few examples to show my three classic ''what-if-situations'':
  • What if the queston is too small?
--- ---Expanding the question with an essay; (Difference is that it takes more depth in the question)

• What if I have a different point of view towards the question?
--- ---Explaining the question with an essay; (Difference is more explanation of my choices towards a point of view)

• What if I have a different way of self reflecting?
--- ---Reflecting on my question with an essay. (The difference is a nuance, explaining my point of view)

What is the difference generally? Not much to be honest.. but for me it feels more naturally and it would be lovely to have some flexibility in working trough the material. If by any means it would be not enough I am more than happy to do it over/ to do extra work besides the original question if it would make you feel less worried about the purpose and results of each lesson. : )

:: The Philosophy Assignment One ::
1.) I would like you to practice a breathing meditation.
- An essay besides doing the exercise

:: The History Assignment One ::
Do you feel the Jedi Code had a direct impact one the Jedi Community as it is now? (No right or wrong answer here, just your honest thoughts - I don't know counts as an honest thought, but do take the week to really consider it.)
Which version of the Jedi Code do you enjoy the most? Why?
If you were to run your own Jedi Website/Academy which version would you use, if any? If that differs from above, why? If you wouldn't include it, why not?
- An essay to explain why I choose different than the question

Take a few minutes. Close you eyes and just breathe. Just relax and let your mind wander, relax, drift, even clear. After a few moments Answer the Following Questions: - - -
- An essay to explain how I have discovered my 'I'
Last edited by Codex on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:50 pm

A few points which will hopefully clear all this up.

1- The lessons are open and available to all. What you do with them is 100% up to you.
1a. - This means if you want to explore them at a different site, journal, online, offline, whatever - you are of course allowed to do so (with the ever-present stipulation of if material is quoted/used that sources and links are listed).

2- Exploration and Individuality is encouraged. So how a person addresses and responds to the questions has no set rule or parameter. There is no "right way" or "right view" to the assignments.
2a. - If I or any senior Jedi feel a question/assignment is being ignored, worked around, or brushed off in a way that hints at a problem - it will be mentioned. As bypassing assignments on personal preference is not allowed (no matter how tedious they may seem). Outside of that - the assignments are for them thus it is on them on how to do accomplish them.
2b. - The only other addendum to that is the practices need to be fulfilled in some way. If one wants to add an essay on top of the practices - more power to them. The time management is impressive.

3- Outcome would be the last factor to consider. What you hope to gain from the experience. As long as it is clear that titles and positions are not a thing here. You are free to study as you wish - within reason.
3a. - If you give me an essay on polar climate change and its impact on Santa Claus instead of actually addressing an assignment - then I'd recommend also being happy with not moving pass the first/public tier program. :3

4- My understanding is you are asking about framing the assignments differently than they appear to be asking for. In which I can tell you many students have/are/will do the same. You are just polite enough to ask - which I just wanted to make sure you weren't referring to 3a. Save us both some time and effort.

So in conclusion. Have at it. If anyone feels an assignment is not done to completion - despite a long essay - they will say so. As mentioned, if that is an issue, you are more than welcome to explore the lessons/assignments on your own. :happy:

And hopefully we have cleared all that up. Be well. :bow:
ImageImageImageImage

Codex

Post by Codex » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm

Thank you Opie! I will. :bow: