Proper Introduction

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Proper Introduction

Post by Amyntas » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi i am Marta Lina and i am a Jedi , about a year ago i started to wonder if there was not a path that i could follow that would make my life more meaningfull. After browsing the internet i found Totjo and went through the program and became a Knight a few weeks ago , which is awesome of course but it also does not mean anything here at Jedi living and that is great really , i can start here and learn what i need to learn , and even if i would know what i am learning , repeating is always good and reminding the humbleness that is so characteristic about being a Jedi. The name of the site has been calling to me for a while now and i want to study here as well so i can learn about the many aspects of being a Jedi. Living as a Jedi is all i am interested in, ow and i like that nifty lightsaber emoticon  :bluesaber:

Be well  :bow:

ElwinGrey
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Re: Proper Introduction

Post by ElwinGrey » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:39 pm

The Jedi Lightsaber emoticon is very nifty. I also like Yoda and  :grin:.

Welcome to Jedi Living. I hope you enjoy your stay.

JediJian
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by JediJian » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Welcome to Jedi living!  :grin:
"Not if anything to say about it I have"
– Yoda

"Who’s your Jedi master? WHO'S your Jedi Master?"
– Yoda

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Hey Marta. Great to see you here. You know how these things work. Jump in where you like.  =D
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Amyntas » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:52 pm

[quote="Opie Macleod"]
Hey Marta. Great to see you here. You know how these things work. Jump in where you like.  =D
[/quote]

I will thank you all for your warm welcome  :thumbsup:

JT
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Post by JT » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:31 am

Hi Marta,
Good to see you here. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on how the training and development here compares and contrasts to the program you went through at Temple of the Jedi Order.
I enjoy it here and have benefited a great deal from Jedi Philosophy at a personal and professional level and I hope you do too!
I was looking around online yesterday and I found a year old video that included someone going through his Knighthood at the TOTJO. Interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emPkkwf-a3Y
MTFBWY :)
"We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Amyntas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:11 am

I am not sure JT what you mean with "contrasts" conserning Jedi Training , i can tell you its different , but i have not encountered any contrasts yet  =D but when i will i am not sure i will go into depth about the differences , i think every place of learning complements what you already know and if it does not , maybe its not for me to learn , i am looking forward to reading other peoples opinions aswell , its always a joy to find a welcome place of learning  :meditate:

Yes that video is a fun one :)

Thank you for your warm welcome JT may the Force be with you  :yoda:

JT
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Post by JT » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 am

Hi Marta,
Yes by "contrast" I meant is there much difference? I registered with ToTJO a year ago, had a look around and decided to come back here and delve deeper into Jedi Philosophy after reading the books "Exploring the Jedi Lifestyle", "The Jedi Circle" and "The Jedi Religion". I just decided at the time that Jediism (Jedi Religion) didn't really resonate with me, perhaps it will in future, who knows.
By "compares" I guess I mean, did you get anything different out of training here than you did at TotJO? Obviously these are both questions you can only reflect on after spending time here and absorbing the material. For myself the training here has complimented a program of recovery from addiction and also given more substance to my spiritual search. I can say that it has helped me. I'm sure if I spent time with ToTJO and the Jedi Realists I would also walk away with something valuable. For me I view "Jedi" as a verb, not a noun. Its in our own thoughts, words and actions that we demonstrate being Jedi.
Again, welcome and may the Force be with you also.
Last edited by JT on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Amyntas » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:06 pm

Thank you for your explanation, i just started here so i have to get back after a while to evaluate maybe the differences , i see them as two different schools of thoughts really , i like to be all round , well i mean really a Jedi that is not limited by the boundaries of a certain school. What is see here is a good school of discipline and thought and an emphasis on real life. What brought me here is a need to deeper understand myself and my motives for being a Jedi, maybe i have my priorities right , maybe i dont , i just knew once my apprenticeship was accomplished at TotJO that i wanted to do the 20 week program here at least , what follows after that , i dont know , we will see , its a lot of fun untill now ;) TotJO is a Temple and sometimes feels more like a philosophical retreat , Jedi Living feels more like a Martial Arts School untill now , and i mean that in the best possible way ever ! The thing is , i will be taking on my own apprentices at TotJO soon and i want them aswell to stay open minded about the rest of the community , there are so many reasons why i am here. I am only interested in being a Jedi , i think i can learn a lot here in that direction , maybe i have an advantage , maybe not , we will see , may the Force be with you JT :)