"...Hello there!"

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
Alpheus
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

"...Hello there!"

Post by Alpheus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:46 am

I'm going to post just to introduce myself to the community here.

Male, soon to be 24, living in Melbourne, Australia.
I work and train as a karate instructor, and volunteer as an assistant at a Muay Thai gym, where I also train.
I'm also currently seeking jobs as a security guard - I've been trained as a bodyguard, but it is likely that I will simply become a bouncer for a few years.
I'm a very direct person, and I felt like this step - joining the Jedi Living community - was fundamental in what I wish to achieve in terms of who I want to be.
I'm an incredibly driven person with high levels of self awareness and emotional intelligence, nd I tend to succeed without becoming too involved in what I'm doing - but I feel over the years this has caused me to become arrogant, self-absorbed, and I feel I need to quiet my mind and learn to meditate more, to become who I truly want to be.
I've previously attempted to do this twice before, over the last ten years, under other names. I've often burnt out, but I feel I'm properly guarded against my laziness this time.
I'm a big fan of the star wars films. Definitely a self-proclaimed nerd.
There are huge parts of my 'path' you could say that lead me to really identify with Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, and Obi-wan Kenobi.
In my spare time when I'm not working, I spend a lot of my time training - running, mostly - or playing video games (star wars, mostly  ;P)
I look forward to getting more involved in this than ever before. Thank you.
"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal
All this pain is an illusion"

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Re: "...Hello there!"

Post by Opie Macleod » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Welcome to Jedi Living Alpheus. Thank you for the introduction. I hope you enjoy your time here. :bow:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Re: "...Hello there!"

Post by Amyntas » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Welcome to Jedi Living , enjoy your learnings here  :bluesaber: