back again

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
Purrabella
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

back again

Post by Purrabella » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:19 am

hello again.

I'm experimenting with mixing aspects of the way of the Force with the Catholic church in which I was raised.  I cannot promise that this will be my final answer, but the journey should be worth taking.

Destiny Froste
JL Member
JL Member

Re: back again

Post by Destiny Froste » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:12 am

Welcome back. 
:hello:
Should be interesting to read your thoughts, I was raised Catholic myself (though no longer).
[align=center]Image[/align]

JT
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Re: back again

Post by JT » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Nice to see you here. I'm currently reading a book about the Life of St Francis. The spiritual and mystical aspects of St Francis and the early Christians has long fascinated me and I see life lessons to be learned from them. From where I see it there is no incompatibility or conflict between the teachings of Jesus and the disciples and what is presented here, if anything there are many common themes. Anyone in my view can be Atheist or follow any religion, mainstream or alternative, and still call themselves "Jedi" as long as they demonstrate the key values and behaviors of a Jedi.
There are a few books out there on the Christian interpretation on the Star Wars theme, in particular the Force to be found in Amazon. End of the day, every person should interpret the Force and the spiritual aspect of being Jedi for themselves. :)
"We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin