Hello everyone :)

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
Nahleen Giza
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Hello everyone :)

Post by Nahleen Giza » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm totally new to this site (and new to all things Jedi, to be honest). I've been reading here for a few days and decided to sign up to get a better look at the forums, so I can better decide if this is the path I choose to go. So far I'm very impressed with this site, the set-up and the general feeling of the place! I just figured I'd say hi, so people don't start wondering who this strange new person is :)

Destiny Froste
JL Member
JL Member

Re: Hello everyone :)

Post by Destiny Froste » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Welcome to Jedi Living!

:hello: :superexcited: :hello:
[align=center]Image[/align]

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:52 pm

[align=center]:hi:[/align]
Welcome. Feel free to dig into any and all forums and topics. If you have any questions you are more than welcome to ask. Enjoy. :bow:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Nahleen Giza
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Nahleen Giza » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Thank you both :) Actually I do have a question. I hope if it's alright if I post it here. If it belongs somewhere else, please let me know.

I've been reading and thinking (and reading and thinking..and reading and thinking..) a lot the past few days, since I stumbled onto this site. My heart really 'clicks' with everything written here, if that makes any sense. I think I may have found - after many years of searching - the philospophy/lifestyle that actually works with the way I experience the world and what I strive to be.

I'm not sure how to proceed, though. I'm not sure if I can invest the time needed for this intensive program and I certainly don't want to start on training and then be forced to quit because I can't keep up with the assigments and meditation/exercise schedule. I want to put in the effort, that is for sure, but my daily commitments don't allow a few hours a day extra for training. However, I also know that if I try to solo it, I will probably get lost in the vastness of all the information and get so off track I'll give up.

So, do you maybe have some advice for someone in my situation?

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:22 pm

So, do you maybe have some advice for someone in my situation?
As evidenced by the late reply, :3 life gets busy and really it is just a reminder that being a Jedi is found in living, not replying on a message board. So there are a few things you can do to maximize your time management in regards to Jedi Training and the extra time it involves.

Step One is combining your tasks. Jedi Training has a requirement of physical wellness. This incorporates exercise and staying active. Well you probably already do something of this nature. Or may have been thinking of adding something of this nature. Martial Arts, biking, jogging, Zumba, P90-X, swimming, tennis, something that already gives to about 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity a day (with proper rest days allowed, of course).

This doesn't stop at the physical. Meditation is about focus and centering the self. There are many techniques one can use. A lot of these can be done during other things as well. Taking a shower? Why not add a Jedi Code Mantra Meditation to it as well? Soaking in a hot bath? Perfect time for a little visualization or even clear mind meditation. Perhaps you enjoy knitting and set aside time for that each day. Another great way to focus and center yourself.

Want to really maximize your time? Maybe you have a dog. You walk the dog, this covers your walking meditation time, awareness practice, and if done right, your physical activity. It is all about finding ways to incorporate the Jedi Lifestyle into your already busy day.

Now this isn't to say you won't have to make adjustments. Unfortunately it is a lifestyle change. It is about how you live and approach life. So there is some requirement of making time for Jedi study and practices. Sometimes this means cutting out a little less tv time. Or a little less video game time. Or a little less work time. Okay that last one might be a joke. Still it is about working within your life and finding a good balance for you. So without knowing the ins and outs of your life it is hard to say specifically.

Just take stock of what you spend your time on every day. How much time you spend on things. And then see where you might be able to adjust time or add in activities to what you already do. And bam! Jedi Master in no time. ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Nahleen Giza
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Nahleen Giza » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:22 am

That actually makes a lot of sense looking at my current day to day activities, thank you. I think my view of physical and mental exercise was a bit too narrow (counting only 'actual' sports training and time spent in seated meditation). Looking at it from your perspective certainly makes it look like I can do this. :)

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 pm

No worries. You are definitely not alone in that. I think we all approach it with a more focused view in the beginning. We would like to have the time to dedicate to each area of wellness on its own. Each having their own separate time. But most of us can't escape to a monastery and live that monk life. So we do what we can.

I am sure you'll find a good balance. :bliss: :meditate: :bow:
ImageImageImageImage