Hello!

Introduction to the Jedi Academy Online and the crazy world that is the Jedi Path.
Cayden Calien
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Hello!

Post by Cayden Calien » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello!

So, a bit about me: Male, 25, Husband and Father of one. My first introduction to the Jedi Path was with the Temple of the Jedi Order, but had some issues with the more religious aspects of it, and backed off. About a year later, I stumbled across Opie's Jedi living material and was fascinated, but had some difficulty finding this training forum, and ended up joining up with the IJRS, but have had some issues connecting to their material. From there I tried the Christian Order of Jedi Knights, but their material wasn't as academic as what I was going for. So here I am. I am excited to learn your material. I have watched some of Opie's Jedi Living series on Youtube, and know I like the material offered there.
:greensaber:
May the Force be with you!

Destiny Froste
JL Member
JL Member

Re: Hello!

Post by Destiny Froste » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 am

Welcome to Jedi Living, Cayden!  :hello:
Last edited by Destiny Froste on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Post by Opie Macleod » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 am

Welcome to Jedi Living. Definitely took the long way around. Not a bad thing at all. :happy: I hope you enjoy your time here. :bow:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Tzall
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Post by Tzall » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:38 am

Welcome!  :salute: I've just returned to the community and I'm looking forward to getting to know you and others that share this path.

A long time ago, I was a faculty member over at IJRS and wrote the leadership course and taught a couple others that I still believe are in use. I'm no longer active over there; but certainly for my own personal growth, I'd love to hear why you didn't connect with the material so that when/if I decide to write or teach in the future, I can do a better job.

:bow:
The beginning of wisdom is this: seek wisdom. With everything that you have, seek understanding and insight.

Cayden Calien
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Cayden Calien » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:18 am

[quote="Opie Macleod"]
Welcome to Jedi Living. Definitely took the long way around. Not a bad thing at all. :happy: I hope you enjoy your time here. :bow:
[/quote]

Opie, yes, I did take the long way around, but no, it's not a bad thing. I actually wouldn't change a thing! I definitely learned something unique from each group, and feel like I have grown as a Jedi through the process, even though I haven't been able to find a group to stick. I have thrown in some independent study things along the way too, and have been doing my best to live the lifestyle as I understand it so far.

[quote="Tzall"]
I'd love to hear why you didn't connect with the material so that when/if I decide to write or teach in the future, I can do a better job.
[/quote]

Tzall, I don't think it was so much the material as the setup. I like how the introductory course here is split up into days and weeks, which is something I didn't see at the IJRS or COJK. Time management is one of my weakest skills, and the "work at your own pace" concept wasn't working well for me. I completed the Introductory Course at IJRS in January, and I still have yet to complete Creed or Jedi Studies 101 due largely to poor time management and short attention span. I'm hoping that this week/day setup here will be more conducive for my learning.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

Cayden Calien
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Cayden Calien » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:13 pm

I just wanted to add that I just read the second lesson. My apologies to to Jedi Opie Macleod and Jedi Tzall for the way I informally addressed you both in my last post. I meant no disrespect.

Tzall
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Post by Tzall » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:23 pm

I hold no airs; feel free to continue to call me just Tzall. I truly don't expect to see the honorific unless I've done something particularly dishonorable and am being formally chastised.  =D Yeah, I don't expect to be referred to as 'Jedi' unless I've acted in a way that is decidedly un-Jedi.

Thank you, Sir, for the feedback. I know how difficult time management can be when it is learn at your own pace. Parkinson's Law; "Work will expand to fill the time available for it's completion." So, when you have unlimited time it'll never get done. Happens a lot in the community, from what I've seen. I know I've fallen into that trap a couple times. Hopefully having a good schedule will keep us at it.
The beginning of wisdom is this: seek wisdom. With everything that you have, seek understanding and insight.

Destiny Froste
JL Member
JL Member

Post by Destiny Froste » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:27 pm

[quote="Cayden Calien"]
I just wanted to add that I just read the second lesson. My apologies to to Jedi Opie Macleod and Jedi Tzall for the way I informally addressed you both in my last post. I meant no disrespect.
[/quote]

Opie is in the air right now, but I can guarantee he took no offense.  :therethere:
[align=center]Image[/align]