Jedi Meeting in Rostock may 2018

General Rambling, Waffling, and Chatter. Questions, Website Issues, and other general topics can be found here.
Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Jedi Meeting in Rostock may 2018

Post by Amyntas » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am

Jedi Meeting in Rostock 25-05-18 to 27-05-18

Rostock : is the largest city in the north German state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Rostock is on the Warnow river; the district of Warnemünde 12 kilometres (7 miles) north of the city centre is directly on the Baltic Sea coast.

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Rostoc ... 12.0991466

Rostock is home to one of the oldest universities in the world, the University of Rostock, founded in 1419.
The city territory of Rostock stretches for about 20 km (12 mi) along the Warnow to the Baltic Sea. The largest built-up area of Rostock is on the western side of the river. The eastern part of its territory is dominated by industrial estates and the forested Rostock Heath. Rostock is considered as the only regiopolis in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
When we can gather enough intrest in a short time span we can consider hiring an Airbnb location where we can all sleep. One of the places that is a possibility is this:

https://www.airbnb.nl/rooms/4361511?loc ... 2018-05-27

This is the average price , every extra person over the amount of 8 pays about 17 euro extra with a limit of €558 which can be devided by the people who stay over this means if there are 16 people its 558 : 16 = 34,88 for 2 nights , if there are 8 people E283 , 283 : 8 = 35, 38. Prices can vary but these are the prices when we book on time. Even with 4 people its only 50 euro for 2 nights which is really good. The only thing is privacy, we would all sleep in one room and there are only 4 bathrooms. There is a kitchen so we can prepare our own food , but eating out is not that expensive there either. There are plenty of shops where we can get fresh food so we wont go hungry.

But everyone is free off course to find their own sleeping arrangements , we see how far the intrests go. For now we have 7 interested people , which is really good at this early stage!

If anyone has an idea about workshops or we just want to discover the city and have long walks along the beach , we are open to suggestions.

Let me know if you are interested !

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Re: Jedi Meeting in Rostock may 2018

Post by Opie Macleod » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 pm

You know. Let me be a maybe. See where my finances are at the end of year. See if I can fly out. I think it would be great. I can sign copies of American Jedi for you. :lol:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Amyntas » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:40 pm

Opie Macleod wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 pm
You know. Let me be a maybe. See where my finances are at the end of year. See if I can fly out. I think it would be great. I can sign copies of American Jedi for you. :lol:
Loll off course you can , only Jedi Macleod can sign a youtube video haha (unless there are hard copies that i am not aware of? ) =D it would be awesome if you could make it :happy: :thumbsup: We had a wonderful time in Paris , its so inspiring to meet other Jedi , i have been to 5 meetings and we always get along great. Which is not that weird really , being all Jedi and such :bluesaber: :inlove:

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Post by Amyntas » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:32 pm

The Airbnb that i wanted to book is not available anymore but i will look for other possibilities , if anything , the overnight costs are not that bad in Rostock , its just we will be staying at different locations then. When people are planning to hop over the pond we can make sure they have a place to stay , dont book a room from there you pay the top price then ;)

There are a few other possibilities ;)

http://hostel.subraum.coop/