Jedi Community Input...

General Rambling, Waffling, and Chatter. Questions, Website Issues, and other general topics can be found here.
Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Jedi Community Input...

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:06 pm

Hey everyone. Someone put together a survey on the community. Asking things like, what do you want to get out of it. How important are discussion forums. And things of that nature. The initial results are out and you can read those here:
http://satelle.is-very-evil.org/moodle/ ... ?entryid=2

If you'd like to take part int he survey you can do so here:
https://goo.gl/forms/BIeal2HqCaBtKDY82 (or here maybe :shrug:)

Jedi Living tends to get left out of these "community" things. :) Which is fine by me, but I figured you all might want to offer your input. Plus it is interesting reading to see where people sit and what they are looking for. And some here keep an eye toward maybe running their own Jedig roup one day and this information may be helpful.

With that in mind I'd like to open this topic to discussion on what you might like to see from Jedi Living. Do you miss not having a chat room? Do you enjoy our YouTube Channel or find it irrelevant? Do the forums work for your intended purpose here? Feel free to offer your thoughts. And of course feel free to take part in the survey above.
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Tzall
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Re: Jedi Community Input...

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Do you miss not having a chat room?
I certainly miss the good old days of spending time in chat rooms with Jedi. I'm not sure if the chatroom's time has passed; the community ones that I visit aren't very active ... but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a JLiving Discord server.
Do you enjoy our YouTube Channel
I do enjoy the YouTube Channel. You keep the content relevant to practical application of the Jedi Philosophy, aren't overly ramble-y and boring (most of the time). =D
Do the forums work for your intended purpose here?
I think it serves it's purpose well.

JT
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:25 am

I'm actually surprised at the amount of material you have created under the Jedi Living banner.
1. The Jedi Living Site
2. The Forum
3. The Training Academy
4. 365 Jedi Blog page
5. The You Tube channel with lectures and meditations
6. Social Media posts
7. Three books

The only thing that's missing is a podcast! (forgive me if you have one).

It is all relevant and substantial. I would say, Jedi Living more than any other platform is the most relevant place to go for a practical philosophy of life based on the fictional Jedi. The way I see it, Jedi Living is the thinking person's Jedi's site :D

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:52 pm

The only thing that's missing is a podcast! (forgive me if you have one).
Had. :lol: Got about five episodes in and just felt like I was self-aggrandizing. Tried to do one with another admin here. But an 8 hour time difference, technical issues, and busy lifestyles ended up stopping that after one episode. The first attempt was before the YouTube channel. That has imparted a lot of lessons. But now it comes down to time. Just not enough time to do everything and keep a full time job to keep it all up and running (as evidenced by the blog not being active for awhile). So if I ever magically get a bunch of free time on a constant basis - it might return. But that has always been something I have wanted to do with someone. More of a conversation than just me running my mouth per usual.

But thank you for the input and compliments. :)
aren't overly ramble-y and boring (most of the time).
I'd say anymore, Jedi Tzall. :lol: Took me a while to learn the ways of editing.
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a JLiving Discord server.
I created a Discord account some time ago. Considered a JL server, but it seemed to me no one used Discord. Now it seems to be the hip new thing. I see it being mentioned a lot more these days. So I might look into that again. Or maybe just readjusting the forums again and get our old chat back up. Not that it was used much either.

Anyhow. Thank you both for the feedback. :bow:
ImageImageImageImage

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Sometimes , i would love to talk more to other Jedi ,but then , i am doing things outside of the house aswell and i dont have internet outside the house loll

Do you enjoy our YouTube Channel or find it irrelevant?

I thouroughly enjoy your Youtube channel , its very informative and i learned a lot , especially from the site history lessons , they were amazing as i missed that part of the Jedi History , with only being a member of the community for 2 years

Yes , i make homework , you give feedback , and some good stuff is being discussed , i get everything here that i need to live the Jedi life ,

Feel free to offer your thoughts. And of course feel free to take part in the survey above.

I took the survey although i did not feel it was meant for me =D

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

I took the survey although i did not feel it was meant for me
Well I don't think it is was meant for anyone here. :lol: But still, more voices the better right? Or maybe not. Maybe they'll hate it. I know the person who created it use to have a huge problem with me. :lol: Even when we met at a gathering she really let her dislike known. Good times.

But thank you for the feedback for here. It is valuable.
ImageImageImageImage

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Well I don't think it is was meant for anyone here. :lol: But still, more voices the better right? Or maybe not. Maybe they'll hate it. I know the person who created it use to have a huge problem with me. :lol: Even when we met at a gathering she really let her dislike known. Good times.
Yeah loll some people who call themselves Jedi are hilarious , anyway i dont have time for animosity , i dont know if its always a good idea to forgive AND forget , but i am getting old and i tend to forget a lot :meditate: Maybe people like that should read the Art of Peace before they go to a meeting , it helps with seeing things in perspective and is a good reminder that grudges are a flaw and is a clinging to ego, your ego preventing you from being accepting and open to other people , ties nicely in with my homework for lesson 8 that is on emphaty and compassion loll
As soon as you concern yourself with the "good" and "bad" of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weakens and defeats you.”
― Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace

Brandel Valico
Cave of the Whills
Cave of the Whills

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Of Course, It was my favorite place to *hermit* on the site.

Do you enjoy our YouTube Channel or find it irrelevant?

Yep and Yep

Yep

Feel free to offer your thoughts. And of course feel free to take part in the survey above

I did take part actually It seems I was the only response to what broad aspect of force user to answer Jedi LOL

Sirius Unduli
Jedi of the Third Level
Jedi of the Third Level

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 am

The last question, "What do you think is missing from Force Sites I currently visit"?

I said maturity :lol:
Obviously it's not missing from here.

I do miss the chatroom a little. However I don't camp out on the website on a computer like I used to, so the chatroom would be relatively useless for me. Maybe not for the young hooahs.

I love the YouTube channels. They are great and YouTube is a great place to network and showcase some of what our little slice of the internet has to offer. So is Facebook, and I think we are utilizing that in the best way that we can. Facebook is a little fluff, and catchy pictures with quotes. You could possibly copy+paste the YouTube videos onto Facebook so that people can find the videos on there.

And yeah the forums are great. Although I'm getting a little tired of the look and layout. It's been a couple of weeks since it's changed ;)
Non Timebo Mala
For those I love, I will sacrifice
Cavalry doesn't always come to the rescue

Todd DeWolfe

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Your Youtube content brought me here.When I was looking for a possible group I want to see professionalism and a serious mind to the Jedi Philosophy. Keep presenting it that way. One change might be background music to your discussions that isn't so bubbly, but it's ok.

Perhaps a chatroom open at certain times or days.

I also have one other interactive idea I'd like to discuss with you.

Todd

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 pm

seems I was the only response to what broad aspect of force user to answer Jedi
:lol: Yeah. I correlated incorrectly and picked Light. Silly me. Boo.
Obviously it's not missing from here.
Maybe a little bit. :P :grin:
Although I'm getting a little tired of the look and layout. It's been a couple of weeks since it's changed
Careful now. You act like I haven't already been looking into new designs and layouts.
:muwahaha:
One change might be background music to your discussions that isn't so bubbly
Glad this isn't a deal breaker because I enjoy the music and what it reflects. :)
Perhaps a chatroom open at certain times or days.
If we had one it would always be open. Certainly certain meeting times could be set-up. But it would be available 24/7 to allow for different time zones to meet up with one another.
I also have one other interactive idea I'd like to discuss with you.
That is what this topic is here for. Or you could start a new topic if you prefer.

Thanks again for the feedback. I do appreciate it.
ImageImageImageImage