:: Donations :: Important! ::

General Rambling, Waffling, and Chatter. Questions, Website Issues, and other general topics can be found here.
Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

:: Donations :: Important! ::

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:13 am

Some members like what Jedi Living Provides and wish to donate to keep it running. I am going to tell you how you can do that.

Step One - Pick a Worthy and Verified Charity (such as Charity Water or simply donating to a local School and their Arts/Music Program). Donate Said Amount in the Jedi's name. Share your awesomeness with us in the forum.

Step Two - Still have mad money left over? Cool! Why not buy something you may use and enjoy? That is what our book and t-shirt sales are for. We have books. We have t-shirts. We have ... nope that is about it. Proceeds to go Jedi Living Costs (and our own charity events). If you have no want or desire for these things - see Step One.

Look - Jedi are not the Charity. This goes to that whole Self-Betterment for World-Betterment thing. If you are not in a place to be donating - which is understandable, life is not always easy - then you should not be donating. Get to a place in life where you can donate freely and without worry. When you get there we will talk, even if that is 30 years from now. Note, I'll refer you to Step One.

Jedi Living is my responsibility. The other Administrators have decided to share this responsibility. It is not a paid position. It is a pay position. We give our time and resources (effort, money) to this group/organization. When I created this place I did so because I believe the Jedi Path is worth Sharing. I believe the Jedi Path needs solid and sound material available. And honest and earnest Jedi - Veteran or Newbie - need a sanctuary they can grow as Jedi in. So Jedi Living exists and will do so for as long as I am around and see those needs.

But should our group vanish tomorrow, what changes? Nothing. The Jedi Still Exist. The Way can still be followed. Nothing changes. There are many great Jedi out there. Chances are by being here you have met some new ones. Nothing changes. We are NOT the Charity. Many worthy causes out there. Many things you can help create in the world with your money.

The JAO is my responsibility until I die. And then it will either die with me or someone else will pick up the slack. But it will not hide behind tax exemptions. It will not ask you for your money. Want to buy a book - cool. If not, don't sweat it. This place is a service for all who wish to learn about the Jedi - our path, our history, our whacky adventures in life. All free of charge.

So - still want to donate? See Step One and Use Sound Judgment.
Last edited by Opie Macleod on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

Tionne
JL Member
JL Member

Re: :: Donations :: Important! ::

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:06 pm

[quote="Opie Macleod"]
Some members like what the Jedi Academy Online Provides and wish to donate to keep it running. I am going to tell you how you can do that.

Step One - Pick a Worthy and Verified Charity (such as Charity Water or simply donating to a local School's and their Arts/Music Program). Donate Said Amount in the Jedi Academy Online's name. Share your awesomeness with us in the JK Garret forum.

Step Two - Still have mad money left over? Cool! Why not buy something you may use and enjoy? That is what our book and t-shirt sales are for. We have books. We have t-shirts. We have ... nope that is about it. Proceeds to go JAO Costs. If you have no want or desire for these things - see Step One.

Look - Jedi are not the Charity. This goes to that whole Self-Betterment for World-Betterment thing. If you are not in a place to be donating - which is understandable, life is not always easy - then you should not be donating. Get to a place in life where you can donate freely and without worry. When you get there we will talk, even if that is 30 years from now. Note, I'll refer you to Step One.

The Jedi Academy Online is my responsibility. The other Administrators have decided to share this responsibility. It is not a paid position. It is a pay position. We give our time and resources (effort, money) to the Jedi Academy Online. When I created this place I did so because I believe the Jedi Path is worth Sharing. I believe the Jedi Path needs solid and sound material available. And honest and earnest Jedi - Veteran or Newbie - need a sanctuary they can grow as Jedi in. So the JAO exists and will do so for as long as I am around and see those needs.

But should the Jedi Academy Online vanish tomorrow. What changes? Nothing. The Jedi Still Exist. The Way can still be followed. Nothing changes. There are many great Jedi out there. Chances are by being here you have met some new ones. Nothing changes. We are NOT the Charity. Many worthy causes out there. Many things you can help create in the world with your money.

The JAO is my responsibility until I die. And then it will either die with me or someone else will pick up the slack. But it will not hide behind tax exemptions. It will not ask you for your money. Want to buy a book - cool. If not, don't sweat it. This place is a service for all who wish to learn about the Jedi - our path, our history, our whacky adventures in life. All free of charge.

So - still want to donate? See Step One and Use Sound Judgment.
[/quote]

One of the best donations, I would imagine, would be time and effort.  Those are priceless.  :)

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 pm

[quote="Tionne"]One of the best donations, I would imagine, would be time and effort.  Those are priceless.  :)
[/quote]
Yes Ma'am. That is it exactly.  =D
ImageImageImageImage

Baru
JL Member
JL Member

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:12 pm

you could donate by purchasing the books associated with this site.
You are the Force

JT
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:59 am

I personally think that Jedi Opie has a best seller in him. He just doesn't know it yet  ;)

"By the Force - Story of a Real life Jedi" or similar......
Last edited by JT on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter” - Yoda
www.dailyjedi.com

JT
Jedi of the First Level
Jedi of the First Level

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:10 am

Step 2 mentions T-Shirts. Are the T-Shirts sold online? I did a google search and only found this:
http://www.tshirtbooth.com/Star_Wars/JE ... _SHIRT.php

One of the best T-Shirts I seen this year was a black T-Shirt that had the classic Darth Vader from torso up clenching his fist in his usual menacing pose. Underneath was scribed "The Galaxies Number 1 Dad". Pure Gold.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter” - Yoda
www.dailyjedi.com

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 pm

I have tried to write my story. It doesn't work out so well. :) I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

As for shirts:
http://jediliving.spreadshirt.com/
Last edited by Opie Macleod on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Max_Casco
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:23 am

the shirts are pretty neat. Just sayin'

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks. I updated the link to our store. http://jediliving.spreadshirt.com/ Might have to make some Jedi Living ones here soon. :p
ImageImageImageImage

Sammy
Jedi of the Third Level
Jedi of the Third Level

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:53 pm

[quote="Opie Macleod"]Might have to make some Jedi Living ones here soon. :p
[/quote]

I would support this. :thumbup: :3
[align=center]formerly known as Silver Surfer[/align]

Revan550
JL Member
JL Member

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Bought the three books I saw on Kindle.  My favorite way to donate is that when I see someone who is homeless or a poor traveler going through town and in front of a store I like to buy them some food and something to drink when I could.  Usually wind up using food stamps since I am on disability myself but since I am better off I do what I could.
Do not let your feelings define your actions
There is no excuse for ignorance, the information is out there look it up
Do not act rashly, take some time to cool off first
Always remember that you aren't the only person alive, try to understand the actions of others before judging them
We are all temporary, life has existed long before we were born and will continue long after we die

PurplePuppy
Explorer
Explorer

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Thank you for saying this Jedi Macleod.

I've tried to find a Path for me, in the Jedi community, but a lot (I'm sure most were valid ones) needed money.

Being 14, my parents were like: "No."

I'm glad that this is free for those who cannot donate money, but I will donate other things- such as my time.

-Petra :greensaber:

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm

:bow: :thumbsup: :salute: :THIS: :love:
ImageImageImageImage