An interesting response to a violent attacker.

General Rambling, Waffling, and Chatter. Questions, Website Issues, and other general topics can be found here.
Roc Skyro
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

An interesting response to a violent attacker.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:21 pm

This just came up in my fb newsfeed about a week ago showing an attempted armed robbery caught on video. The response the victim shows towards his attacker is remarkable and expresses a genuine similarity to how a Jedi would act in a similar situation. Check out this incredible video and tell me what you think? How would you react to this situation if this happened to you? May the force be with you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1QgnKVS29Fg

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Re: An interesting response to a violent attacker.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:19 pm

I have had weapons drawn on me before. I think the ability to talk and get people to move from the emotional mind-frame to conscious thought is a powerful weapon. It takes split second judgment though. Those situations come at you fast and you have to judge a person's intent and willingness to use said weapon. Still, if you get that second of opportunity to slow a person down, to get them to think, and open a conversation with them - then you will most likely be able to resolve the situation peacefully. Much harder to accomplish when a person has a gun (just as a side note).

It is good to remember the power of generosity, empathy, and caring. To talk. To reach out. And to give a little something (a hot meal, guitar in this case). It can change the entire world for a person.

Good video. Thank you for sharing.
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage

JediJian
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Re: An interesting response to a violent attacker.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:06 pm

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Though we need to be careful here. Jedi calm-mindedness in with all due respect, but this guy could have easily been killed. And when you are dead you are dead. Some people are just violent. They want to kill, hurt, destroy. However, I agree totally with the message. Observe. Understand. Connect. Intervene, if possible. And being aware of the lightsaber-syndrome. In many cases, there is an another way than answering violence with itself. Not losing connection with the force is key here, too.
"Not if anything to say about it I have"
~ Yoda

"Who's your Jedi master? WHO'S your Jedi Master?"
~ Yoda

:bow: