CHANGES!!!!!!!

General Rambling, Waffling, and Chatter. Questions, Website Issues, and other general topics can be found here.
Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

CHANGES!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:58 am

So today our forum broke - again. And I have been in a "I am Done" mood lately. So. I decided to stop using that specific software. And use a different service. I went with phpBB because it offered a free way to convert our old forum. Meaning we wouldn't lose any of the information already here.

I was willing to start over from scratch. Slowly copy and paste things over to a new forum completely. However I didn't think that was really fair to all of you. So I decided to go this route instead.

Now this comes with its own hiccups. Since the old software wasn't letting anyone log in and continue on - I switched as soon as I was able. Which was a bit of a Jedi trial in itself. Anyhow. I wanted you all to be able to access the forums and lessons while we work on this.

So here we are. New Forum. Same Lessons. There are some bugs and kinks to work out. So please be patient as we seek to get this place up to a workable standard.

The Alignment and Quote features seem to be very ... not good. So we are working on these issues.
:myyoda:

Sage Bromax

Re: CHANGES!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:21 am

It required a password reset to get logged in, but otherwise so far, so good. Thanks for persevering.

HappyTurtle
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am

It feels like the old days!

I also needed a password reset to log in, which isn't a big deal at all. Thanks for preserving the posts. :happy:

Amyntas
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:12 am

Thanks Opie , its good , i am reading books untill you throw new assignments at me so i ll keep busy loll :empirebattle:

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:59 pm

HappyTurtle wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am
Thanks for preserving the posts. :happy:
I figured there would be a riot. Or mass exodus if I didn't. :)

But looks like Password Reset is a mandatory thing. I have had to reset a couple for others. So hopefully that won't be too much of a problem.

Thank you everyone for the update and feedback thus far. :bow:

Nandulf
Jedi Student
Jedi Student

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:29 am

i have also discovered something new... i think :thinking:
what is it with the group thingy? what can be done with that? and then the different colours each one has.
this is interesting!

and, jedi opie macleod, thank you very much for all the efforts you are putting in here!
the new forum might be a bit bugged, but it's new and it is one that works. and the journals are saved. we won't have to start again =D
cognosce te ipsum

Opie Macleod
JAO Administrator
JAO Administrator

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Groups have always been there. Even at the old board. They just weren't visible to people. It helps keep things clean and focused. And allows a fair progression as one goes through our program.

And yeah. The big thing for me was ensuring people didn't lose their progress and the records of their journey thus far.
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
ImageImageImageImage