Self-Discipline by JT (2015)

Back-ups failed. Information lost. Saving what small scraps I can find in this forum.
admin
Site Admin

Self-Discipline by JT (2015)

Post by admin »

I've not posted on this site for a while. Six months ago I told Jedi Opie I would take some time to explore after completing Tier 1. He told me I should and that one must prioritize their time and decide what they want to do.

The pull of Jedi Philosophy has been greater and greater recently. Over the last few months I have been ready to discuss the Jedi Philosophy and real life training with whomever will listen. Its made more and more sense as time has gone by and I've re-read "Exploring the Jedi Lifestyle" and "The Jedi Circle".

Ive tried to live by the Jedi Code and the Jedi Circle, mostly because it has enabled me to strengthen my mental, emotional, physical and spiritual resilience and remain sober. For those that were'nt aware I'm an alcoholic sober more than three years. I have the 12 Steps and the JAO to thank for that. When I started Tier 1 I was close to relapse, there was something essential missing in my sobriety and recovery effort, I found it while doing Tier 1.

This is a link to my final assignment:
https://www.academia.edu/8846507/Bill_B ... _Step_Jedi

So I'm back and will continue to come back and pick up on the real training. Today I opened up the Tier 1 book at random and read the following which I think are apt:

"Self Discipline is required to complete any task or goal we desire. No one is going to force us to excel and succeed in life and in truth no one can force us....this is why (self discipline) is listed as corner stone of Jedi Philosophy, because without it we would accomplish nothing...if you want something bad enough, you will get it done, you will prioritize, you will find that self discipline..Jedi, like any other thing in life, requires we focus and finish what we start" - Exploring the Jedi Lifestyle - Opie Mcleod.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:29:43 AM by JT »