Tier One - Lesson One

Back-ups failed. Information lost. Saving what small scraps I can find in this forum.
admin
Site Admin

Tier One - Lesson One

Post by admin »

-= Tier One Lesson 1 =-

-= Welcome to Jedi Living's Jedi Training Program =-
Greetings faceless traveler of the interwebs. Thank you for indulging your curiosity and dropping in. Welcome to Jedi Living or more specifically the Jedi Academy Online Training Program. In this topic we will begin the training process. Nothing major at first. A couple of reading assignments, a watch (video) assignment, and a small introduction on what you can expect. The idea is simple to begin with - introduce you to Jedi Culture as well as the wider Jedi Community. The question of whether or not this path/lifestyle is for you should hopefully be answered by the end of this tier. And if you find it is something you would like to pursue, you'll be given plenty of training material to do exactly that.

"A Jedi Master always said this to each of his students before their first lesson: Cross an unfamiliar river without first discerning its depths and shallows, and you will drown in its currents without reaching your goal. Being a Jedi is no different. Identify the pitfalls and learn the proper path, or you fail the Order and sacrifice yourself to no good purpose." - Jedi Master Odan-Urr
Before we jump into the heart of Jedi training it is important we establish what is expected of you and more importantly what is expected of Jedi, especially those like myself who have taken a mentor-type role. Over the course of Tier One we will look at culture, codes of conduct, general misconceptions, and the basics of Jedi philosophy. We will provide tools to help you practice Jedi ideals in these first steps. The most major thing I will harp on more than once is Accountability. I want to make clear that this is a place of learning and growth. If there is something you have questions about - please ask. If there is something you feel is off or wrong or just doesn't seem right - ask. No one is above honest and earnest questions.

Jedi Culture Mantra: I am a Jedi; I am responsible for how I act. I am mindful of and accountable to my actions.
Jedi Code: Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity. Chaos, yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force.
Jedi Method: Jedi Intention + Jedi Action = Jedi Outcome.

Seek to memorize these before the end of this Tier. Now, a short(ish) video (3 and a half minutes).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXIVsUKDrQo
:bluesaber:
Lastly I want to talk about assignments and due dates. Tier One is considered an Introduction Tier. It is not meant to be overly taxing or very long. And most importantly it is designed to help you understand how assignments will work as you progress through the rest of the Tier Programs. At the end of each Activity or Questions section you'll see a Due Date in Bold. ASAP means As Soon As Possible (minimum one day, no official time limit, just complete it when able). The rest are pretty self-explanatory - Due in One Day, for example means you have one day and Due in two Weeks means you have two weeks to finish the assignments (again, if you need more time that is okay, these are more minimum time frames as timing and pacing is important). Lets try it out....
:: Tier One Assignment - Day One ::
Activity:
1.) Now your first Task if you really want to go through with the crazy thing of Jedi training here at Jedi Living (which no worries if not. Much nicer places to train). You will need to create a Journal. So go to the Jedi Journal Forum. Start a New Topic. Call it something like Opie's Jedi Journal or feel free to use your own name. This is where you will be depositing your thoughts and assignments. In fact I have a couple for you to begin with.
2.) Watch the Video Above.
3.) Read the following two articles:
An Introduction
Are Jedi Real?
Due ASAP.

Questions:
1.) I listed three things to consider before truly dedicating yourself to a program, what were those three things? (You can summarize) What did I say about Jedi training and Investment? Do you agree?
2.) When did I say I joined the Jedi Community? What did I say was the cornerstone of any organization?
3.) In the article I ask, "So what sticks out as fake or unrealistic?" in reference to something. Using that 'something' I'd like you to answer the question, what sticks out as fake or unrealistic?
4.) Are you willing to ask questions about anything you are unsure about?
5.) Are you willing to take the time (be patient) to truly learn and apply these lessons to your life?
Due ASAP.