THE IMPERMANENCE OF THINGS (2020)

Back-ups failed. Information lost. Saving what small scraps I can find in this forum.
admin
Site Admin

THE IMPERMANENCE OF THINGS (2020)

Post by admin »

The forum was down for over a day. During that time there was a very good potential for everything being lost. And I mean everything. Lessons. Programs. Journals. And that is the reality of anything really. All it takes is one disaster. One server crash. It doesn't take much to make all of this go bye-bye.

Throughout my time as a Jedi I have always held that the Way is found in life - not the forums. I have gone to drastic measures to enforce that viewpoint. I have removed a deleted forums before. Clean slated more than once. It is something I practice in my offline life as well. I'll line up the trash can and just start tossing things. Any time I moved it was the same thing - again online or off.

The question I like to pose to people - what will you do when this place disappears? Are you saving things that you feel are important? Are you trusting this virtual place to be standing in 20 years? People say nothing on the internet is lost forever. Ez-board users know better. But that also assumes the internet will always be around. But that isn't as secure as people like to think.

So Jedi - what about that moment when it is all gone? Give up the Path? This is mostly rhetorical. Mainly I just want people to have a general idea of what they'll do in the worse case scenario. My instructor at the Police Academy would be proud. :lol: Food for thought Jedi. :bow: