Donations (2015)

Back-ups failed. Information lost. Saving what small scraps I can find in this forum.
admin
Site Admin

Donations (2015)

Post by admin »

Some members like what Jedi Living Provides and wish to donate to keep it running. I am going to tell you how you can do that.

Step One - Pick a Worthy and Verified Charity (such as Charity Water or simply donating to a local School and their Arts/Music Program). Donate Said Amount in the Jedi's name. Share your awesomeness with us in the forum.

Step Two - Still have mad money left over? Cool! Why not buy something you may use and enjoy? That is what our book and t-shirt sales are for. We have books. We have t-shirts. We have ... nope that is about it. Proceeds to go Jedi Living Costs (and our own charity events). If you have no want or desire for these things - see Step One.

Look - Jedi are not the Charity. This goes to that whole Self-Betterment for World-Betterment thing. If you are not in a place to be donating - which is understandable, life is not always easy - then you should not be donating. Get to a place in life where you can donate freely and without worry. When you get there we will talk, even if that is 30 years from now. Note, I'll refer you to Step One.

Jedi Living is my responsibility. The other Administrators have decided to share this responsibility. It is not a paid position. It is a pay position. We give our time and resources (effort, money) to this group/organization. When I created this place I did so because I believe the Jedi Path is worth Sharing. I believe the Jedi Path needs solid and sound material available. And honest and earnest Jedi - Veteran or Newbie - need a sanctuary they can grow as Jedi in. So Jedi Living exists and will do so for as long as I am around and see those needs.

But should our group vanish tomorrow, what changes? Nothing. The Jedi Still Exist. The Way can still be followed. Nothing changes. There are many great Jedi out there. Chances are by being here you have met some new ones. Nothing changes. We are NOT the Charity. Many worthy causes out there. Many things you can help create in the world with your money.

The JAO is my responsibility until I die. And then it will either die with me or someone else will pick up the slack. But it will not hide behind tax exemptions. It will not ask you for your money. Want to buy a book - cool. If not, don't sweat it. This place is a service for all who wish to learn about the Jedi - our path, our history, our whacky adventures in life. All free of charge.

So - still want to donate? See Step One and Use Sound Judgment.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:23:42 AM by Opie Macleod »